Thursday, May 6, 2010

Get an Endorsement

Today we’re going to wrap up our ongoing discussion on getting past the gate keeper. It can be one of the toughest and most frustrating things you can do as a B2B marketer. Hopefully I’ve shared some ideas that can help you out. To see my previous post, and all my posts on this subject, just hop on over to my blog.

A great way to completely bypass the gatekeeper is to use an endorsed letter from someone the decision maker knows and trusts.

An endorsed letter is a very under-used direct mail approach. These are similar to ‘influencer’ letters, but on steroids. In an endorsed letter you have a “champion” of yours, someone who sings your praises, send a letter on his letterhead, from him, to prospects who know and respect him, but do not (yet) know you. Or he writes the cover letter that is included with your letter, brochure and sales material endorsing you as the business to choose.

Another way past the gatekeeper is to be “invited in” by the decision maker himself. I know this may seem easier said than done, but there are some strategies you can use. The easiest way is to have the decision maker specifically request your information through ongoing lead generation marketing. There’s more to cover on lead generation marketing than I have time to cover here.

Finally, there is one way to cut the gatekeeper out all together and go directly to the decision maker. There’s always the option of going directly to the home of the decision maker instead of going to the office. There are commercially available lists of home addresses for doctors, executives, etc. They’re out there and with a little digging you can get them.

Some of you may know we offer lists as part of our 3D Mail Services. I can’t guarantee I can get home addresses for your niche, but I can find lots of them. Shoot me an email if you’d like us to look into that for you.

This puts a nice bow on our discussion on getting past the gate keeper. Next week we’ll start a brand new discussion on direct mail and list segmentation strategies. I think you’ll really like it. Have a great week and I’ll see you then.

Marketing Tip Reader’s Only Special

If you’ve read my emails for any length of time, you know I’m a huge Dan Kennedy fan. Heck, we may have even met you at a Kennedy event over the years. Due to some technical difficulties you couldn’t get their resources and products online. Well, they’ve now fixed it.

You’ll want to check out their new online home here. One resource I highly recommend is the Creating Copy That Sells Online Course. I’ve gone through the course myself and it’s THE reason why I’m able to create copy that gets response and, most importantly, sells.

For more information click this link, and then click on “Copywriting Mastery Resources” at the top. Let me know what you think.

To Your Direct Mail Success,
Travis Lee

www.3DMailResults.com

No comments: