Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Business You Should Be In

Last week we started a conversation on lead generation marketing vs. one-step sell marketing. For a review of where we’ve been, see my last couple blog entries here. I also left off saying I’d tell you what business you’re really in.

Answer that question to yourself. What business are you in? If you’re like most, you’ll say something like mortgage broker, dentist, restaurateur, coach, chiropractor etc.

If you answer was something like this, I’d say you’re wrong. (Hang in here with me; I’ll get to the point in just one minute.)

If you’ve been reading my tips, newsletter or have heard me speak you may be saying to yourself, “I’m not falling for that one Travis, I know I’m in the Marketing Business.”

To that I say you’re closer, but still not quite there.

You’re in the list building business.

There is nothing more valuable to your business than a list of names and contact information of your most targeted prospects and clients.

You want to capture names and market to them continuously. As my Marketing mentor Dan Kennedy says,”Till they buy or die.”

So how do you build your list? Through lead generation marketing, of course. You’re essentially getting permission to market and sell to your ideal prospect or client, over and over again. How great is that!

In case it isn’t obvious yet, I’m a big fan of lead generation marketing. In fact, since you’re on my email list, you’ve been privy to lead generation marketing already! So over the next couple weeks we’ll talk specifically about lead generation marketing (i.e. List Building) and how you can benefit and profit from it. See you later in the week.

No comments: